Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Daily Show



Just watched Gov. Marc Racicot on The Daily Show. I have to say I was underwhelmed by Jon Stewart's interview. As sharp and hard-hitting as the first two thirds of the show usually is, I find Jon usually goes relatively easy on the guests - no matter how ridiculous they sound (the exception being his interview with Wolf Blitzer). Racicot insisted that they were running a positive campaign. Bullshit. And he promised three times that there was no October surprise in the works. Again, Bullshit. I know Jon just plays a journalist on t.v., but he's such a smart, sharp guy, I find myself wishing he didn't want to get along with his guests so much.

1 Comments:

Blogger BradF said...

I thought Stewart did well with that. He gave it a good "WHAAAT?!" on Racicot's "positive campaign" comment.

Though why he got two full segments is another issue!

I think he's usually pretty tough with those guys, was tough with Racicot, but in the sneaky way that makes those guys still wanna come on the show. I'd never be able to get away with what he does! ;-)

September 24, 2004 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home