Thursday, September 23, 2004

Fear Itself



In their attempt to get the word "terror" into every possible news story between now and the election, Ashcroft today urged vigilance in the weeks leading up to the election.

Ashcroft and Deputy Attorney General James Comey took the unusual step of holding a conference call with all 93 U.S. Attorneys last week for a "pep talk" to urge them not to let down their guard in light of a potential terror threat, a senior Justice Department official said on Thursday.

The official, who took part in the call, said Ashcroft and Comey reiterated concerns that top U.S. officials have been voicing since the spring -- that al Qaeda may try to attack the United States in the run up to the November election.

"We need to make sure everybody understands that this is not a New York or a (Washington) D.C. thing, this is an everywhere thing," he said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nj New Jersey House Cleaning said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
I know that you love my work so, look up my home based business canada blog.

February 16, 2006 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home